Saturday, February 20, 2010

my valentines weekend

was perfect.
i have never been a valentines day or SAD (single awareness day) hater.
even though i have been single practically every valentines,
i have not once been depressed or sad.
growing up, my family made valentines day a big deal.
my mom would usually ring the doorbell and leave presents on the doorstep for us all.
(vicky mints always included)
all of my mom's siblings and their families would always make a creative valentine for each family. and when i say creative, i mean outrageously creative.
i will have to dig up some photos just so you can see for yourself.
we always had a blast trying to sneak up to each doorstep and run away without being caught, and loved finding all sorts of valentines on our own doorstep.
my dad, only having two daughters, would give me and my sis a cute flower arrangement from artichoke & co. still my favorite flower shop to this day.
so you see, valentines has always been the best holiday.
i always feel so much love from my family, who cares about getting a valentine from a guy, or having a boyfriend? haha not me, but what else is new.
so here are some photos of my fun weekend...

friday i did a love/valentines photo shoot for fun & for my mom's booth at the bridal show.
v7

friday i helped my my out at the bridal show in provo for a few hours.
isn't she amazing. she makes life cute. that's why i love her.
v1

took some pictures of my niece, and snuck home some of my favorite flowers EVER {peonies} from the bridal show.
v6

made heart shaped french toast for my family sunday morning.
v4

received some valentines from my aunts {sorry lisa, i forgot to take a picture of yours :( }
v3

had a very yummy and very cute valentines dinner
v5
v2

and also decorated heart shaped cookies sunday night. oh it was lovely.
what did you do?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay I almost had a heart attack when I saw the picture of the bridal fair booth! Oh my good heavens! That is the most beautiful thing I have EVER laid my eyes on.. teach me to be a Winnie!! AMAZING!! Love youuu!

Emily Call said...

How great are all of those pictures? Total eye candy. I love Valentine's Day and I miss all those outrageously creative Valentine's too!