Wednesday, January 6, 2010

no thank you

one of my four wisdom teeth came to say hello last week.
it was not a pleasant visit, because now it won't leave.
i wanted it out. asap.

so a friend of a friend told me that they do studies and will pay you to take them out.
i called. made an appointment. went to the appointment.
spent 2 hours filling out paperwork. peed in a cup. had my blood drawn.found out i would be awake during the procedure.
found out i have to drink a cup of milk before the procedure.
walked out with my 50 bucks.
not going back.

dear wisdom tooth,
so you are here to stay for a while longer...
please don't invite you buddies to come join you.
and please stop moving my teeth.
thanks.

{notice my black nails. never done that before. its a new year!}

4 comments:

Holly said...

I can't decide if I'd do it for $50 or not. I probably would have when I was younger... but it doesn't sound worth it.
Feel better soon!

Emily Call said...

I was awake while having all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled and it wasn't bad at all! I actually preferred to know what was going on... too bad they didn't pay me. I hope you can get it resolved soon!

Amber Shumake said...

yikes, that is scary. i probably would have done the same thing.

i'm supposed to get all four of mine removed or else my teeth will shift and then it's back to the braces! not good...

hope you feel better really really soon!

Amy said...

I'm so happy to know you have a blog! I just had to add you to my blog list, I love it.